FWSO Principal Violist Laura Bruton passed away on Sunday, March 17 – following a lengthy battle with cancer.
The celebration of Laura’s life will be on Saturday, April 6 at 2:00 pm at the Village Church of Denton. There will be music and many will speak about Laura.
The Village Church
1106 W Oak Street
Denton, TX 76201
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests that you consider a donation to the Laura Elizabeth Bruton Viola Scholarship at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts where Laura graduated in 1983 and/or to the Laura Bruton Memorial Tribute of the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra where Laura performed for over 33 years.
Information to donate to the Laura Elizabeth Bruton Viola Scholarship at University of North Carolina School of the Arts:
1) Online donations can be made at https://www.uncsa.edu/giving/
Under the ‘Designation’ drop down menu select “Other” and then write in “Laura Elizabeth Bruton Viola Scholarship.”
2) Checks should be made payable to the UNCSA Foundation Inc. In the memo, write “Laura Elizabeth Bruton Viola Scholarship”
Mail checks to: UNCSA Foundation
1533 South Main St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27127
Information to donate to the tribute fund at the Fort Worth Symphony:
Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra
1) Online donations can be made at https://access.fwsymphony.org/dev/contribute.aspx?don=14&fieldAmt=
Be sure to write in “Laura Bruton Tribute Fund” where indicated.
2) Checks should be made payable to the FWSO. In the memo, write “Laura Bruton Tribute Fund.”
Mail checks to: FWSO Development
330 East 4th St., Ste. 200
Fort Worth, TX 76102
3) By phone, call 817-665-6500 during office hours (M-F, 9-5). Ask for Development, and the receptionist will connect you.